|Some userboxes for this user
Hello there, and welcome to my User Page. You may call me Ardent, which is the name I use to sign on Talk pages (Ardent†alk∈) and on the IRC channels. I do not know who Ardent is, but this person is most certainly not me. I live on the west coast of British Columbia, Canada. I'm a very friendly, kind, accepting and forgiving person.
This acceptance must not, however, be misconstrued as naivety. My trust is a fragile gift that once betrayed, is not easily regained. If there is solid evidence to support something with which I disagree, I am flexible and can be convinced to change my position. I pride myself on my ability to remain neutral, level-headed, and friendly in most open conflicts.
My religious status is self-described as undefined. I am a liberal free-thinker, and use logic to overcome most obstacles. I have interests in mathematics, web design, engineering, philosophy, psychology, sociology, criminology, and law, among other things.
I attend The University of British Columbia in their Applied Science program with a specialization in Engineering Physics. I have played numerous sports, and am currently a member of the UBC Debate Society, which oddly enough is considered a Varsity sport. The club is hosting the World Universities Debating Championship 2007, and I am involved with its organization and execution.
I am twenty years of age, and continually getting older, as is the case with most mortal beings. I find the fact that I am no longer a teenager vaguely disturbing.
As of August 30, 2006, I've been with the wiki for almost 20 months, and have had various periods of activity and lack thereof, including numerous articles that I have had the occaision to start (with more on the way).
Currently on the English Wikipedia we've got a total of 6,751,334 articles at 11:00 on Sunday, December 3, 2023
What can I give to the Wiki?
- I know how to write. To be put very plainly I can copyedit, fix grammar, reword passages, and even completely rewrite articles with a high level of competency.
- I am bilingual. I can speak, write and read fluently in French. So if by chance the has more information on something than we do here, I can help.
- I am generally NPOV. I can view multiple arguments without agreeing with any one. To quote Voltaire, "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- I understand wiki syntax. I can therefore wikify any page necessary.
- RC Patrol. I take my shift.
- Afd. I routinely weigh-in.
- Dispute resolution. I enjoy working as a mediator, and a catalyst for de-escalating an intense situation.
- Projects. Any other project that I decide to undertake to help Wikipedia achieve its full potential.